Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Day Four (Wednesday)

Can't believe this mission trip is halfway over, already!  I do have one quick correction from yesterdays data.  I called what we are doing at the one house brick work.  It is not-we are doing block work.  So I stand corrected and apologize for my own shortcoming at this!  A couple of other items I neglected to put in this blog is that we have had two sisters, Laura and Diane joining us in this mission as well this week.  They have also been doing a variety of different jobs, painting and helping to lay down block as well.  Excellent workers of, by, and for the Kingdom of God.  They are from Mechanicsburg, PA.    We also have another addition today to add to our mission folks.  Donna Jean, one of our team members daughters has joined us and she also is a great asset to our team.  She has gone on other mission trips, some internationally as well. 

Last night after finishing up our blog, one of the guys had asked me about maybe having some of the older gentlemen from our congregation mentor some of the younger guys at the church.  Great idea and it will be brought up at one of our next mission meetings.  I thought to myself-we have three of the members of this particular mission team that are teachers.  They share their knowledge with their students and test them on the knowledge they pass on.  Then I thought-aren't we all mentors to others around us?  There are leaders in this team who are mentors to others here.  They teach us the ropes and then we get to share this knowledge and "expertise" with others.  Then I think to myself-even more simplistically, we are all teachers/mentors in one way or another whether we like it or not.  We teach our children things by not only what we teach them, but also in the way we act or react.  Think about that car who "cut" you off in morning or evening rush hour traffic.  Think about what you said OR did... "Someone" teaches us how to walk, tie our shoes, ride a bike, read and write, drive...Okay, maybe that last one, some still need help!

Psalm 143:8 says, "let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.  Show me the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul. "

Sometimes we need to let go of what our shortcomings are and just turn them over to God (like worries, concerns, and other things-only YOU know what these are).  Like one of the popular children songs from a recent movie, "Let it go"!

People on the mission trip really want to complete the tasks that we are performing and do it to the best of our abilities.  We really do want these folks back in their own homes again as soon as possible.  With the help of God and in His timing, this will be done!

We thank you all for your support and ask for your continued prayers for safety and the knowledge, wisdom, fortitude and the abilities to get this done for not only these people, but for God's kingdom as well.  We give all the honor, glory, and praise to Him who has given us life-AND-grace!

Want to thank all who have taken the time to read this blog.  Take care, and again, please keep us all (and Russ, and Deloris) in prayer as well!  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment